Power tools for improving your health
There's no shortage of prevention and wellness information on the World Wide Web. But identifying credible sources of well-researched and unbiased information can be very challenging. That's why the Carpenters Health and Security Plan provides unlimited access to the Mayo Clinic's EmbodyHealth website.
EmbodyHealth is a commercial-free website—no ads, no pop-ups, no spam—and it features in-depth articles and advice based on the research of Mayo Clinic's 3,300 medical specialists. The EmbodyHealth website is more than an online health library. A simple 20-minute survey (the Mayo Clinic Health Assessment) transforms the site into a personal health advisor, recommending a menu of hand-picked resources that can help you improve and maintain your health. You'll find:
- Assessment tools and calculators to help you identify your own health strengths and risks
- Telephone coaching and online programs to help overcome barriers and achieve your goals for weight control, exercise, tobacco cessation and stress management
- Tracking tools to manage challenging conditions such as asthma, headaches, high blood pressure, weight and diabetes
- Prevention, self-care, and treatment recommendations for hundreds of common illnesses and diseases
- Practical information, such as healthy recipes and ideas for balancing work and family
Carpenters Rewards makes the EmbodyHealth site even more rewarding to use. It's an incentive program that awards points for using the site and participating in health and wellness activities. Points can be redeemed for a $100 gift card, but hurry—the program ends December 31, 2011.
Mayo Clinic's EmbodyHealth website is a highly credible source of information and programs that can empower you to make life-changing improvements to your health and well-being. Are you taking advantage of this great resource? It's available to eligible participants for no out-of-pocket cost. However, registration is required.
To register, you'll need the Rewards Number on the letter we mailed to eligible participants in early August. You can also get your Rewards Number by calling Participant Services at (800) 552-0635. Then, follow these instructions:
- Go to www.CarpentersHealth.org.
- If you have used this site before, log in with your email address and password. You will be asked to verify your registration by entering your Rewards Number and your date of birth.
- If you are new to the site, click "Register Now" under "Are you a new visitor?"
- Check your email account for a message from Mayo Clinic EmbodyHealth. It will contain a link to your personal homepage on CarpentersHealth.org.