Carpenters Health and Security Plan
Use Aetna Navigator® to Find Providers, Health Information and More
Aetna Navigator is a simple, secure website for Aetna users. Registration is required, but it's quick and easy – and you only have to do it once. Then you're free to log on anytime to search for providers who participate in the Aetna Choice POS II network.
How to Register:
- Go to aetna.com and click Login/Register.
- On the Member Log In page, click Register now.
- Enter your Member ID Number, followed by your name, date of birth and zip code. Your member number is on your Aetna/Carpenters ID card.
- Create a user name and password.
- Log in.
Here's What You Can Do with Navigator
- Find a doctor. Sign in to Navigator to use DocFind, the secure online directory. Search by name, zip code, condition, procedure or specialty. You'll get search results that are specific to the Aetna Choice POS II network. You'll also find maps, directions and more.
- Email a nurse. An alternative to calling the nurse line, Navigator lets you send email to a registered nurse and receive a reply within 24 hours.
- View your ID card. This is a handy feature when you're in the doctor's office and need to show your ID card. If you have a smart phone or other web-enabled mobile device, you can go to Navigator, log on and pull up your ID card. You can print copies of your ID card too.
- Research treatments. The Healthwise® Knowledgebase is the place to find information about health conditions, tests, procedures and treatment options. Aetna Navigator also gives you tools to compare hospitals and estimate costs.
- View health history. Using your claims information, Navigator maintains a personal Health History Report that you can view or print at any time. It's a useful record of medical services received during a specific period of time.
- Ask Ann, the virtual assistant. Ann is not a real person but she can be really helpful nonetheless. Have a question? Need assistance? Just type a question or a few keywords. Ask Ann can help you find a doctor, estimate the cost of services, answer questions about ID cards and even help you sign up for Aetna Navigator.
- Get discounts. The Aetna Discount Program can help you save money on health-related products and services.