IMPORTANT UPDATE:Medco is now part of the Express Scripts family of pharmacies. The combined company is in the process of changing the name on all its communications to Express Scripts. Until the renaming process is complete, you may see the Medco name in pharmacy communications and on the Web. Please continue to refill your prescriptions as you normally would by using your current prescription drug ID card, refill order forms, and website username/password.
Express Scripts Retail Pharmacy Program
When to use: Immediate or short-term medications up to a 30-day maximum supply.
The following copayments apply to the nationwide retail pharmacy program:
- A $7 copayment for each generic prescription.
- A $15 copayment for each brand-name prescription listed on the drug program formulary.
- A $30 copayment for each brand-name prescription not listed on the drug program formulary.
To locate a retail pharmacy, you need to have an online account and log in with a password. The Express Scripts website utilizes the latest security and encryption technology to protect the information provided by our members. Log on to Express Scripts and click the Privacy link at the top of the page for more information about the website’s privacy and security standards.
If a non-participating pharmacy is used or the prescription drug card is not used at a participating pharmacy, 100% of the retail charge must be paid when the prescription drug is purchased. A Prescription Drug Reimbursement Form must be submitted to Express Scripts. The purchaser will be reimbursed 100% of the average wholesale price less the appropriate copayment by Express Scripts, usually within 14-20 business days.
Express Scripts by Mail
When to use: Long-term or maintenance medications up to a 90-day maximum supply.
The following copayments apply to the home delivery pharmacy service:
- A $14 copayment for each generic prescription.
- A $30 copayment for each brand-name prescription listed on the drug program formulary.
- A $60 copayment for each brand-name prescription drug not listed on the drug program formulary.
Getting started: The Express Scripts website is your best source of information about using the mail-order pharmacy program. You’ll need to create an online account and log in with your password first. Then click on Help Center for answers to these and other frequently asked questions…
- How should my doctor write my mail order prescription?
- How do I send a new prescription?
- Can I transfer my prescriptions from a retail pharmacy to the mail-order pharmacy?
- How long does it take to get my medications when I use mail order?
- How are medications shipped?
- What if I need to speak with a pharmacist?
- How do I pay for my prescriptions?
To reach Express Scripts by phone:
Call (800) 251-7706 toll free
Express Scripts website
More than just a place to order prescriptions, the Express Scripts website (www.express-scripts.com) offers extensive information and tools that can help you get high-quality healthcare and high value for your healthcare benefits. As a member, you'll have convenient, 24/7 access to your prescription information, important facts about health and wellness, plus potential opportunities to save money. The site also offers:
- Medication Reminders
- Coverage and pricing for any medication available through our prescription benefit plan
- A printable and personalized information kit for your next doctor visit
- Prescription history, claims, and account balances
- Resource centers for women’s health, diabetes, cardiovascular, mental health, and respiratory conditions
- One-on-one telephone coaching for diabetes, sleep apnea, and digestive disorders
- Money-saving opportunities with My Rx Choices
- Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs™
- Answers to common questions about medication safety, effectiveness, and affordability
- Illustrated medical encyclopedia, videos, tutorials, and health news
Free mobile app
Do you have an iPhone®, Android™, or Blackberry® smartphone? The free Express Scripts mobile app can help you stay on track with taking your medications as prescribed. Just search for "Express Scripts" (not Express Rx) where you download other apps for your phone.
- Set reminders for taking and reordering medications
- See personalized alerts for possible health risks
- Refill and renew prescriptions right from your phone
- Track prescription orders for home delivery
- Display a virtual prescription ID card when you need it
Note: some features may not be available for all benefit plan type.
Related Health & Security Content
See All the Plan Rules and Forms Related to Events in Your Life